ALL STUDENTS WILL NEED AN INSTRUMENT PLUS SUPPLIES LISTED BELOW
Classical Guitar With Nylon Strings
Click here to view an informative YouTube video that explains the difference between a standard steel-string acoustic guitar and a nylon string classical guitar.
Finding a quality guitar is essential for beginner students.
- “Classical Guitar for Young People”– this book is very important and can be bought either at this website or at Westbank String Shop – www.
- Large Black 3-ring binder (at least 1.5”)
- Mechanical pencils with erasers (no pens)
- clear sheet inserts (for class handouts and sheet music)
- Zippered pencil bag for binder
- Nail file (students are required to maintain their nails. Excessively long left-hand nails or acrylic nails will prevent students from learning proper technique)
- Electronic tuner/metronome (tuners that attach to instruments are very beneficial)
- Wire folding music stands for at home practice
- Extra set of Classical Guitar Strings – medium tension
- Nail clippers – students will need to keep their left-hand nails short.
Optional Donation items for the Classroom:
- 6th grade – Shelf Stable Student Snack Stash – say that 5 times fast! (1 or more items, i.e bags of chips/popcorn, bottled water, cereal bars, goldfish, fruit snacks, trail mix, chex mix, soda, etc…)
- 7th grade – Decoration Items (especially poster board, rugs, colorful sharpies, markers and paint pens, utility and decorative tapes, wall art, etc.)
- 8th grade – Hand Sanitizer or Box of Tissues
- Optional: This year, our booster club has helped us create a CMS Strings wishlist. All of the optional donation items on the wishlist go directly to our students/program! Guitar class wishlist – click here to view
We have a very limited amount of loaner instruments for students. If you are interested in checking out a school guitar, fill out the form below:
Drop off/pick up school instruments – https://forms.gle/
Please contact email@example.com with questions.