ALL STUDENTS WILL NEED AN INSTRUMENT PLUS SUPPLIES LISTED BELOW
Full Sized Classical Guitar
You may go to any reputable string shop to buy a classical guitar; however, we recommend Westbank String Shop (6301 Menchaca Rd, 512-326-4898, www.
Currently, Westbank is offering a FANTASTIC DEAL for a guitar/supply bundle (full sized classical guitar, guitar bag, tuner/metronome, footstool, extra set of strings, PLUS the “Classical Guitar for Young People” repertoire book).
I also recommend visiting Strait Music (2428 W Ben White Blvd, Austin, TX 78704) They have a great selection of student instruments, and they often offer discounts if you mention you are in a school music program.
Please talk to Mr. Hernandez before purchasing an instrument online. It is STRONGLY discouraged to buy an instrument from vendors like Amazon and Walmart!
- “Classical Guitar for Young People”– this book is very important and can be bought either at this website or at Westbank String Shop – www.
- Large Black 3-ring binder (at least 1.5”) with 10 clear sheet inserts and notebook paper
- Pencils with erasers
- Zippered Pencil bag for binder
- Electronic tuner/metronome (tuners that attach to instruments are very beneficial)
- Wire folding music stands for at home practice
- Extra set of Classical Guitar Strings – medium tension
- Nail clippers – students will need to keep their left-hand nails short.
Optional Donation items for the Classroom:
- 6th grade – Shelf Stable Student Snack Stash – say that 5 times fast! (1 or more items, i.e bags of chips/popcorn, bottled water, cereal bars, goldfish, fruit snacks, trail mix, chex mix, soda, etc…)
- 7th grade – Decoration Items (especially poster board, rugs, colorful sharpies, markers and paint pens, utility and decorative tapes, wall art, etc.)
- 8th grade – Hand Sanitizer or Box of Tissues
- Optional: This year, our booster club has helped us create a CMS Strings wishlist. All of the optional donation items on the wishlist go directly to our students/program! https://smile.amazon.com/hz/charitylist/ls/LGK0J2BO1UBQ/ref=smi_ext_lnk_lcl_cl
Drop off/pick up school instruments – https://forms.gle/
Please contact email@example.com with questions.